By now, we’re at the point where we know what to expect from the Super Bowl ads.
Before the game, you could have jotted down a list of what you thought you would see, based on history. That list probably would have included:
- Celebrities galore!
- Animals (especially dogs) at their most undeniably adorable
- People or animals doing silly dances
- Inspiring Statements of High-Minded Purpose
- The unusual, the surreal, the flat-out bizarre (with or without reason)
- Production values to rival a summer blockbuster film
You can make this kind of list for almost any category. Sometimes, it’s comically easy to do. And the more “tried, true and expected” the items on that list, the more ripe that category is for some rule-breaking.
So who broke the rules with this year’s Super Bowl ads? [Read more…]