Build a Brand That Matters.
The core challenge of building a brand is this:
Creating something meaningful for a particular group of people.
When we do that, we take the first step in a virtuous cycle. Consumers (humans) reward us with their loyalty, and we are rewarded with a more stable future.
So when we say our mission is “to help good people build great brands,” we mean we want to help make your brand matter – a lot – to the people that you serve.
Our services focus on “Core Brand Guidance.” Our goal is to give you the “20 that delivers the 80” – the tools and roadmaps you need to create positive impact and experiences for your consumers and your teams.
Our work typically takes one of the following forms:
- Consulting Engagements – In-depth projects to generate maximum clarity on our brand’s core strategic questions.
- Targeted Workshops – Hands-on sessions, usually between a half day and two days in length.
- Extensions of the Executive Team – As a leader of the annual planning process, a “fresh set of eyes,” a project leader, and/or a coach.
These are the kinds of answers we deliver:
Vision, Purpose & Values
- What is our “why”?
- What is the shared future that we’re working toward?
- What do we stand for as people?
- Purpose Statement
- Brand Vision
- Values Statement
Core Brand Strategy
- What are the biggest challenges we face (now and in the future)?
- What are our core strengths?
- What does winning mean to us?
- Where will we play (and not play)?
- How will we win?
- How will we optimize our limited resources?
- How will we unlevel the playing field – in our favor?
- How will we measure success? How will our different brands and business groups live together?
- Situational Diagnosis
- Guiding Strategic Policy
- Core Brand Strategies & Key Platforms
- What does our brand stand for?
- What is our brand’s reason for being?
- Who is our core consumer?
- What is our key point of difference?
- What is our core benefit?
- What is our personality and tone?
- Brand Positioning Statement
- Brand Personality Statement
- Who is the hero and the villain of our story?
- What is the challenge our hero faces?
- How will our hero win the day?
- How do our values translate to a story that matters?
- Brand Story
- Elevator Pitch
Why Matthew Fenton for Brand Strategy?
We’ve walked in your shoes. Matthew Fenton is a former CMO who understands the internal challenges of managing brands, people and the P&L. And he’s delivered – in each of his seven years of client-side brand management, he grew brands by double digits.
You’ll get senior-level attention. Unlike most consultancies and agencies, we won’t hand your project off to a junior person, because there is no junior person. Three Deuce founder Matthew Fenton handles every project personally.
Nothing is pre-packaged. Strategy is situational, so we’ll tailor our approach to your unique needs. We won’t force you into an “off-the-shelf” solution that may not be ideal for you.
We’re not trying to sell you other services. Designers will tend to tell you that design is your best answer. Social media agencies will say it’s social. At Three Deuce, brand strategy is all we do, so we have no motivation to recommend other services we sell. We’ll only recommend your best path to growth.
Here’s what our clients say…
“Matthew made the branding process seamless, easy to grasp and extremely worthwhile. He helped us clarify our goals and positioning in the market and gave us a fresh new approach.”
~ Anne Lisbin, CEO, Elegant Fare
“Matthew didn’t begin our relationship with a pre-baked solution. He took the time to get to know our customers, our employees, our collateral, our history and our challenges. Having this understanding really allowed Matthew to speak on behalf of our brand. Many brands could benefit from his calculated and disciplined approach to strategy.”
~ Scott Brandt, EVP-Marketing, Yello.co
“Brand development with Matthew is truly a pleasure. He immersed himself in our industry (one in which he had little prior knowledge) and, within a matter of a few weeks, was able to contribute as though he’d known it for years. He retains information at an alarming rate and he actually listens and learns before drawing his conclusions.
When a process like this begins so strongly, excitement builds for the conclusion – and Matthew did not disappoint. He crafted a unique position that captures us perfectly – it’s exactly how we want to be perceived. Moreover, his strategic recommendations demonstrated an intimate knowledge of us that was immensely valuable and a bit frightening in its level of accuracy. The effect of Matthew’s great work will be felt for years to come.”
~ Dan Stuby, Sales Manager, Youth National Accounts at Disney Youth Programs; former Brand Development Manager, Bob Rogers Travel
“Matthew took a tremendous amount of time to understand all aspects of our firm before presenting his recommendations. The final product demonstrated his knowledge of our culture and client relationships as well as the services we provide. I strongly recommend his services to any firm looking to strengthen their brand.”
~ Chris Oberholzer, former CFP, Wealth Dimensions Group
“Matthew is one of the best brand consultants I know. Period. His strategic recommendations are smart and well thought-out. And his approach is subtle enough to make everyone else think that, just maybe, it was their idea. (Hello, organizational buy-in!) When I asked that he join my team and partner on a key project at Cheskin AV, I entrusted him not only with important clients but also with my professional reputation. It was trust very well placed. I can’t recommend him highly enough.”
~ Leah Hunter, former Strategic Director, Cheskin