- As I lead my brand, I’ll keep two things front and center: The humans we exist to serve, and the change we will create for them.
- I will remember that what we do matters far more than what we say. If we do something meaningful, we’ll have a story worth telling.
- I will approach strategy as a commitment to winning, including clear decisions for where to play and how to win.
- I will set objectives that align with winning, and I will measure results diligently.
- I will employ my brand-building tools selectively, knowing that it’s better to do a few things well than many things adequately.
- I will be more focused, more disciplined and more creative than my competitors. I will do more with less.
- I will remember that culture trumps strategy – but it’s not an either/or.
- I will treat my consumers, co-workers and other partners with the respect they deserve.
- I will ask more questions and listen more. I will read more and learn from every possible source.
- I will use my brand as a force for good – to make the world a better place in some way.
What would you add to this list of brand resolutions? Here’s to your best year yet, personally and professionally.
About Matthew Fenton: Matthew helps challenger brands to focus, grow and win. Since founding his consultancy, Three Deuce Branding, in 1997, he’s helped hundreds of brands to achieve “brand clarity.” His consulting services and speaking engagements help brands to focus on what matters through positioning, strategy and ideation. Contact Matthew here. He calls Chicago home.
Copyright 2018 – Matthew Fenton. All Rights Reserved. You may reprint this article with the original, unedited text intact, including the About Matthew Fenton section.