With the arrival of the new year, I offer a list of resolutions for brand leaders who seek growth in 2014 and beyond.
1. I will live my brand vision every day. And if I don’t have a brand vision – one that clearly defines what we stand for, how we serve, and why we’re different – I’ll make it my top priority to create one.
2. I will craft bold strategies that are designed to win.
3. I will execute with discipline, courage and passion.
4. I will set clear objectives and measure results diligently.
5. I will manage my brand as a complete experience, guided by the knowledge that what we do trumps what we say.
6. I will treat my consumers and/or clients with the respect they deserve – meaning they are not data points, “eyeballs,” or an annoyance. I will extend this same respect to co-workers and other partners.
7. I will learn more about all available brand-building options. When selecting between them, I will choose long-term over short-term, and meaning over noise.
8. I will listen more and read more.
9. I will communicate and lead more effectively.
10. I will use my brand to improve lives – to make the world a better place in some way.
Any resolutions that you’d add to this list? Feel free to add your thoughts in the Comments section.
Here’s hoping 2014 is your best year yet, both personally and professionally!
About Matthew Fenton: Matthew founded Three Deuce Branding in 1997 with a simple mission: “To help good people build great brands.” He’s a former CMO who repeatedly led underdog brands to dramatically outpace the market, and now he does the same for the clients he serves. Businesses with revenues of seven to ten figures trust Matthew to help them achieve “brand clarity” through core brand strategy and positioning. Matthew is also a highly-rated speaker. Contact Matthew here. He’s based in Chicago.
Copyright 2014 – Matthew Fenton. All Rights Reserved. You may reprint this article with the original, unedited text intact, including the About Matthew Fenton section.