- I will bring my brand vision to life every day. And if I don’t have a brand vision that defines who we serve and what we stand for, I’ll make it my top priority to create one.
- I will envision my brand as an experience: What we do matters far more than what we say.
- I will approach strategy as a commitment to winning, including clear decisions for where to play and how to win.
- I will set objectives that align with winning, and I will measure results diligently.
- I will be selective in the brand-building tools I employ, knowing that it’s better to do a few things well than many things poorly.
- I will be more focused, more disciplined and more creative than my competitors.
- I will treat my consumers (humans) with the respect they deserve.
- I will extend this same respect to my co-workers and other partners (also humans).
- I will ask better questions, and more of them. I will listen more and read more.
- I will wield my brand as a force for good – to improve the lives of those that we serve and to make the world a better place.
What would you add to this list of brand resolutions? Here’s to your best year yet, personally and professionally.
About Matthew Fenton: Matthew helps challenger brands to focus, grow and win. Since founding his consultancy, Three Deuce Branding, in 1997, he’s helped hundreds of brands, including Wrigley, Valvoline and Fidelity Investments, to achieve “brand clarity.” His consulting services and speaking engagements help brands to focus on what matters through positioning, strategy and ideation. Contact Matthew here. He calls Chicago home.
Copyright 2017 – Matthew Fenton. All Rights Reserved. You may reprint this article with the original, unedited text intact, including the About Matthew Fenton section.